Welcome to the Band Department of Lieutenant Matthew Ryan Vandegrift High School
The Instrumental Music Department at Vandegrift High School enrolls more than 200 students from the 9th through 12th grades who study with a dedicated teaching faculty as well as private lesson instructors. The Band Department offers many varied musical experiences to provide an enriching environment for students to develop their musical talents.
Our Philosophy of Education
Music is a fundamental piece of the human experience. Music Education is therefore a necessary endeavor to ensure that the whole child is being educated. This includes skill development, cognitive understanding, and aesthetic appreciation for many forms of music.
The primary objective of the Vandegrift High School Instrumental Music Department is to develop the performance, rehearsal, and personal practice skills of each student.
The vision for the program is to “Define the Standard” in all we do.
Recent news, articles or announcements:
- Weekly Update - Week of 5-13-2013 May 12, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 5-6-2013 May 5, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 4-15-2013 April 14, 2013
- Band Banquet Tickets March 30, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 3-18-2013 March 17, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 2-24-2013 February 14, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 1-21-2013 January 21, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 1-7-2013 January 6, 2013
- Weekly Update - Week of 12-10-2012 December 11, 2012
- Cedar Park Winds Performance on Sunday 12/16 December 6, 2012