Mulch Volunteer Information & Sign-up Links
Mulch delivery is typically 8:00am – ~5:00pm (until mulch is gone)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help deliver mulch! See the descriptions below for opportunities to help, then continue to the Volunteer Signup Page using the links at the bottom.
Dates & Volunteer Information
Friday, April 8
Pallet Delivery Day – ~35 Parents deliver “full pallets” from St. Luke’s Church parking lot. Command Center Helpers are located at St. Luke’s.
Saturday, April 9
Mulch Delivery Day – 200+ Parent and Student Helpers will deliver mulch from both VHS and CRMS. Command Centers will be located at both VHS and CRMS.
- Mulch-Carrying Vehicle Driver – An Adult Helper with a Pickup, SUV, or minivan that can carry mulch. Trailers (10′ – 16′) are very helpful!
- Chase Vehicle Driver –An Adult Helper with a vehicle that follows a Mulch-Carrying Vehicle transporting 3-4 Helpers who unload mulch at delivery locations.
- Command Center Helpers – Preparation, distribution, and tracking of delivery tickets.
- Traffic Flow & Safety Monitors (Saturday only)– Route traffic around “mulch yard” vehicles and equipment.
- Box Truck Drivers – Adult only. Drives a 26’ Box Truck Friday and Saturday. Includes rental pick up and return. No experience? Sign up as a navigator and you can drive next year!
- Box Truck Navigators – Plan delivery ticket route and navigate to each location (phone & power cord or power bank required).
- Push Vehicle Driver (Pickup/SUV with steel bumpers) – Carry Helpers and follow Box Truck to delivery locations. Mulch-pallet pushing with your vehicle is required. No damage because the mulch is soft. Push Vehicles are an IMPORTANT resource for difficult driveways. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Volunteering for the 2022 Campaign is now CLOSED. Thank you for a very successful campaign this year – stay tuned for next year’s campaign!
(Important: Students do not sign up as volunteers unless driving)
Student (18+) Driver Student driving a vehicle to carry mulch or Student Helpers.
Parental Consent for Minor Student Driver Parent must consent for a minor student to drive a vehicle.