Hello Future Vipers!!!
I wanted to send out a reminder regarding our New to Program Meeting for Band and Vision this Thursday, May 10 at 7 pm at the Vandegrift High School Band Hall. Please see the information below, along with other information regarding upcoming dates.
New to Program Meeting – Thursday, May 10, 2018 – 7:00 PM, Vandegrift HS Band Hall
- Parents will receive all information regarding the Vandegrift High School Band and Vision Dance Company at this important meeting. We will go over the program overview, calendar, schedule, band registration, summer band and much more. Our goal is to answer all of your questions regarding high school band. We will also talk about volunteer opportunities for parents who are interested in getting actively involved in the travel and logistics of the program. This meeting is for parents AND students. The students will have an opportunity to meet separately with our current high school students. At this break out session, they can present questions or concerns about transitioning into the Viper Band or general questions regarding Vandegrift High School. Please plan to attend this meeting!
2018 May Music Camp, Performance and Pool Party (Current 8th-11th Grade Students)
- Tuesday, May 29-Thursday, June 1, 5-8 PM at the VHS Band Hall
o CRMS students will be bussed over and picked up by parents at VHS at the conclusion of each day
- Friday, June 1 – Parent Preview Performance, 6:00 PM in the VHS Competition Gym
- Friday, June 1 – Pool Party and Parent Social, 7:00-9:00 PM at John Simpson Park
2018-2019 Band Auditions
We are very excited for next school year and truly can’t wait to get everything started! VHS Band Placement Auditions will be from May 21-25, 2018 and will be held at the VHS Band Hall. This is not for percussion students, only for those students who play a wind instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, etc.) and are currently in 8th-11th grade.
Who: Wind players currently in the 8th-11th grades who are enrolled in high school band next year
When: May 21-24, 2018
- FPMS and CRMS students: will audition afterschool at VHS
- VHS students: will audition during their band class at VHS
Where: VHS Band Hall
Everything you need is online (the information packet, scales, excerpts, schedules, etc.) If you have a concern with your scheduled time OR you do not see your name on the schedule and you have signed up for band next year, please let Mrs. VanDoren know. If you think you might want to be in band, but you have not enrolled, please let Mrs. VanDoren know.
For all scales, excerpts, and updated schedules, please see the website below:
You will be prompted to enter a username and password:
Username – vhsband
Password – vipers
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding auditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to having you in the Vandegrift Viper Band and Vision Dance Company. Please go to our website, www.vhsband.com. There you will find the calendar of dates for the entire marching season.
Have a wonderful weekend and GO VIPERS!
Director of Bands
Vandegrift High School
TMEA Region 32 Band Chair