Hello, Band & Vision Parents!
I wanted to share a few details with you about the BOA Super Regional Contest this coming Friday and Saturday, Oct. 31-Nov. 1, in San Antonio!
- Top of SECTION 113 @ Alamodome: We’d like to try and stake out a few rows in the Alamodome in the top of section 113 so that parents and band/vision supporters can sit together when our band performs. If you are going up to the Alamodome early on Friday, please let me know if you are interested in helping with this (email@example.com)! We would like to have a large group with VHS Band & Vision fences, flowers, butterflies, JOY signs, flags, etc.! It is very energizing and fun for the band and dancers to hear their home crowd cheering for them as they take the field right before they perform!
- Carpooling to Alamodome: Looking for a carpool buddy to the BOA prelims on Friday, or the finals on Saturday? Lara Burky is collecting names and contact information for any parents interested in sharing rides with other VHS families, especially on Friday. She will not work out the logistics for you, but she will provide your name and contact information to other parents/families who have indicated they are interested. Sound like a plan? Send your name and email address to Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you provide any particular information that might be useful.
- Parking & Tickets: In case you missed it in Mr. Howard’s email…Ticket pricing is as follows: $18 Friday Prelims / $20 Saturday Prelims / $24 Finals General Admission / $29 Finals Reserved Seating / $51 Super Ticket – includes Fri. & Sat. Prelims General Admission, Finals Premium Reserved Seating. Parking at the Alamodome is $15 with no in/out privileges. The River Walk is a quick 10 minute walk from the Dome if you get there early and want to park and go have lunch.
- Can’t attend the contest but want to watch it live? Music For All offers a live video webcast of the entire event (both days of pre-lims and the finals) for $19. You can purchase the live-streaming for this event at http://musicforall.org/view-membership-details/8. You can also check-out the following website (it’s free) for live updates as each band performs: http://live.txbands.com/. If you aren’t able to attend the contest, this website’s live blog is usually very quick at posting the results indicating who makes it to finals and the performance order for the evening.
- VHS competes in Class AAA in the BOA circuit; 14 bands will advance to finals on Saturday night. Lots of other info about the BOA Super Regionals in San Antonio can be found at this link, including a list of the 66 schools that are competing: http://www.musicforall.org/what-we-do/boa-marching-championships/regionals/san-antonio-super-regional.
We’ll see you this Wednesday night at the VHS Band & Vision Community Performance at 7 p.m. in the football stadium. Don’t forget to bring your fences, flowers, butterflies, JOY signs, and flags to wave and cheer as we celebrate the season!
Thanks and GO VIPER BAND AND VISION!
Membership Chair 2014-15
VHS Band & Vision Booster Club