Calling All Seasoned Volunteers: Come help the Viper Band “define the standard” during Competition Season!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to fill the role of either a Chaperone or Pit Viper for one or more of the upcoming competitions. The Volunteer Coordinators will assign roles from the interest lists generated and will inform you of the date(s) for which you have been scheduled. Be sure to communicate conflicts as soon as possible to the email@example.com.
Please select all the dates that you are available to volunteer and which volunteer role: Chaperone or Pit Viper. "Not Available" means cannot or do not want to work on those dates.
TIME COMMITMENT: Please keep in mind - depending on schedule and preliminary placements, UIL & BOA events can sometimes extend late into the night and result in an arrival back to the band hall well past midnight. Flexibility is key as the Directors often do not receive the performance schedule until the week before the event. The Weekly Announcement Sheets will have the most updated information as to start times.
Chaperones: Time Commitment - All Day, Responsibilities are:
- Riding the buses to and from the competition with the students.
- Accompanying the students as necessary during the event - to bathroom breaks, and to warm up area.
- Inserting and removing plumes in the students’ shakos/hats
- Handing out food and drinks, as well as other miscellaneous duties as they arise.
- Assisting as a Pit Viper as needed.
Pit Vipers: Time Commitment - Most of the Day, Arrive a few minutes before the loading time listed on the Announcement Sheet. You will be responsible for:
- Loading / Unloading at VHS Band Hall
- Loading / Unloading at the Competition Stadium
- Helping Prep setup on / off the Field for Performances
Remember you are not confirmed for that date until contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator.
We are REQUIRED by UIL regulations to only have a specified number of volunteers at contests, if we exceed those numbers we could be disqualified based on more volunteers than allowed per High School to help aid the Band.